Borrowed Lites, Sidelites & Transoms
Borrowed lites, sidelites and transoms allow light to pass from one room into another with fixed panes of glazing. sometimes, they are used with fixed panels in some of the openings, to fill in the opening or to add interest to the opening.
Borrowed Lite Terminology Drawing: cufm0021.pdf
Glazing Bead Options: cufm003.pdf
UL Labeled Sidelite and Borrowed Lite Frames
UL Label: 45-min and 20-min labels
UL Label: 60-min label for Firelite® glazing
UL Labels for Sidelite, Borrowed Lite, and Transom Frames are available in a variety of configurations based on glazing material to be used.
Send us a drawing of your specific requirement and we will work with you to provide a UL Label for your opening.
UL Labeled Transom Frames
Transom Frame with Fixed Mullion
- UL Label: 45-min and 20-min labels
Transom Frame without Transom Bar
- Transom Frames with Algoma Hardwood Inc. Model 11 DT fire doors and transom panels can be labeled with out transom bars.
Note: Lites exceeding the rating or size limitation in NFPA 80 must be approved by the authority having jurisdiction.
UL Labeled Frames with Corner Posts
- UL Label: 45 min or 20 min
- Angle: Any - 90°, 45°, etc.
- Number of Corner Posts: Multiple, No Limit
- Splices: Frame may be provided with splices for shipment.
|Jambs||1¼" min||4" max|
|Mullions||1¼" min||4" max|
|Sills||1¼" min||12" max|
|Jamb Width||4¾" min||14" max|
|Width of any one leg||12'-8" max|
|Masonry: Elevation Width||13'-6" max|
|Width of any one leg||13'-6" max|