- Doors shall have continuous vertical interlocking steel stiffeners of 20-gauge and shall be spaced no further than 8" on center. Doors shall be filled with mineral rock wool.
- Top and bottom of doors shall be reinforced with continuous 16 gauge steel channels, welded to both sides of doors.
- Hinge Reinforcements shall be 11-gauge steel angle, 12" long.
- Cylindrical lock reinforcement shall be 16-gauge with 11-gauge thread depth.
- Other lock and closer reinforcements shall be 12-gauge.
- Doors shall be reinforced for all surface type hardware. Drilled and tapping of surface hardware to be done in the field by the erector.
- Edges of the door shall be continuously center-seam welded, ground, and filled to ensure a smooth finish.
- Doors shall be thoroughly cleaned after assembly and given a prime coat of rust inhibiting paint. The primer shall be air dried. Low gloss oil base trim paints (max gloss 25) are recommended as a finish paint.
- 3/4" standard. Other undercuts as specified.